LEFTY’S SPORTS ACADEMY OPERATIONAL CAMP PLAN
HEALTH AND SAFETY GUIDELINES REGARDING COVID-19
Staff Training / Camper Instruction
· Instructors are trained to identify signs and symptoms of a camper being ill—specifically trained to look for signs and symptoms of COVID-19
· Camper Instruction on usual safe practices—handwashing, hygiene, coughing/sneezing into arm or tissue, no spitting, sports etiquette ( no spitting, high-fives, handshakes, etc.)
Screening and Admittance
· No person, camp or staff, shall be allowed at camp if they have a fever (100.4) or other collective and obvious signs of being sick with COVID-19 symptoms.
· Staff and Campers will be screened prior to entering camp.
· For parent drop off: Prior to exiting the car, the camper’s temperature will be taken by a staff member.
· If a camper or staff member has a fever >100.4, or symptoms of any illness, he/she will not be allowed to attend.
· If they have a fever or symptoms before camp, they must stay home and report the absence as quickly as possible.
· In the event that your child becomes ill during camp hours, a parent will be notified immediately and arrangements for pickup will be made with a staff member.
· Parents are required to provide two (2) Emergency Contacts other than themselves, who are available to pick up your child within an hour, in case of illness.
Face masks, infection control, and social distancing
· Staff and campers are required to wear masks or face shields when social distancing cannot be maintained.
· Campers should arrive at camp with their own mask/facial covering so they are prepared for the day.
· Camp will supply masks for staff members, however, staff may choose to wear their own masks if preferred.
Infection Control Strategies
· Communication for all things COVID-19 with staff, parents, and campers.
· Handwashing/hand sanitizer stations will be provided and encouraged throughout the day.
· Enhanced cleaning throughout all areas of camp.
· Campers are required to provide their own Bats, Helmets, gloves, batting gloves, etc.
· Visitors are not permitted within 10 feet of fields and/or Field House. Drop-off instructions will follow.
· If camp becomes aware of staff or camper that has a positive test, the camp will notify the state and local Health Department.
· Camper groupings and staff will remain the same each day to the maximum extent each day
· No mixing groups and minimize movement between groups to the best of our ability.
· Social distancing between groups.
· Again, masks required when social distancing cannot be maintained.
Please remember to complete our waiver. This waiver needs to be completed one time from July 1, 2020, through July 1, 2021.